Tooth discoloration is a natural process that affects most people’s smiles. Your smile may be dulled or discolored because of a number of factors and lifestyle habits, including:
- Certain medications, such as tetracycline
- Smoking and other types of tobacco use
- Poor oral hygiene or dental care
- Consumption of certain drinks, such as wine, tea, coffee, and soda
- Highly pigmented foods like berries
- Fluorosis (overexposure to fluoride while the teeth are still developing)
If your teeth have become yellowed, discolored, or even stained because of these or other factors, our dentist may recommend our professional teeth whitening services. Unlike over-the-counter whitening products, which often leave you feeling disappointed in their minimal results, professional teeth whitening is sure to provide you with noticeable, aesthetic results. Professional whitening also works faster than over-the-counter whitening kits, helping you achieve a brighter, whiter smile in less time. In just one or two treatments, you will notice that your teeth are lighter. Over time, you may need additional whitening treatments to keep your teeth brilliantly white. We welcome you to call or visit us at Oak Mountain Dental today to learn more about teeth whitening in Pocatello, Idaho, and to schedule your next appointment with Dr. Jake R. Richards and Dr. Mitch J Driscoll.